- ANSI/XTERM colour, MSP sound, MXP tags and images, MCCP compression, MSDP and GMCP variables
- Stable, all original code base that's extendable through
- Built in web server for performing maintenance,
administration, working on areas, and accessing information
- Built in SMTP server for anonymous player emails, mailing
lists, announcements, and sending passwords
- Use a full blown JDBC/ODBC database, or the built in flat
- Optional player-based and full account systems
- On-line boards (journals) for public and private messaging
- Web-based forums built in for player interaction
- 38 classes in 7 base classes, 10 player races, and over
1600 spells, prayers, songs, skills, and abilities
- Customizable races and classes, with level based racial and
class skill systems
- Over 700 socials, with real-time addition abilities.
- Several builder scripting possibilities, including both
- Abbreviate commands, items, mobs, and abilities. Reference
all or some. Extendable english parsing
- Web-based visual on-line area editing tool available, along
with Web-based automated-quest designer
- Customizable security system. Assign privileges on a
- Ability to import CoffeeMud area files, as well as those
from ROM, Circle, Smaug, Icey, and others
- Mud-wide and player-solo quest support, including
automated, time-based, and event based triggering!
- Descriptive combat system with race-based natural weapons,
ranged weapons and spells, and mounted combat
- Contagions and diseases built into the engine. Catch a cold
when naked, or poison ivy in the forest
- Player lieges and vassals, area Conquest engine, and Legal
systems available, with easy to use law books
- Player property, banking, auctioning, and postal systems
available, serving players or clans or both
- Full Deity support, with automated blessings to the
faithful and curses to the wicked
- Numerous Clan-types support, including politics, alliances,
and automated membership management
- Customizable Faction system with faction-based behaviors
and reactions, automated relationships and triggers
- On-line area creation. (mobs, areas, exits and items).
Never wait for a reboot to publish an area!
- Area Instances supported
- Randomly generated area templates, along with random mobs and treasures!
- Area based climates, seasons, and weather changes that
affect game play
- Numerous terrain types, including underwater areas
requiring spells to breathe
- Water rooms requiring swimming abilities
- Air rooms with gravity, so items and mobs can fall!
- Pits you can fall into, and other deadly traps
- Cliffs requiring climbing ability
- Cardinal exit directions and many types of doors and exit
types, including drawbridges, gates, panels, grates, portals, ladders,
- Customizable system of crime and punishment available for
each of your cities.
- Mud wide skies and oceans!
- Homes and property real-estate system for players and clans.
- Customizable system of crime and punishment available for
each of your cities!
- Customizable conquest system to allow players to conquer
and control your areas
mobs, aggressive mobs, race/alignment protecting mobs, healer mobs,
teaching mobs, shopkeeper mobs, swallowing mobs, money changer mobs,
chatting mobs, rideable mobs, dragon mobs, guarding mobs, scavenger
mobs, thief mobs, mending mobs, etc, etc..
- Scripting capabilities to add custom MOB behaviors
- Players can customize their character by training their
stats, gaining new skills, and practicing ones they know
- Fighter, Mage, Cleric, Thief, Bard, and Druid base classes.
Customizable class system available online!
- Traditional and meaningful race list, including Human, Elf,
Dwarf, Halfling, Gnome, and Half Elf. Races are customizable!
- Mobiles can chat with players and behave according to your
- Fantasy race-based language support with real
- Players and MOBs can teach each other their skills or even
- Usage of abilities and spells dependent on proficiency,
practice to learn!
- The most unique and powerful common skill system available
for ANY mud!
- Mage skills include brewing, scribing scrolls, recharging
wands, revoking, plus 300 spells to learn and cast!
- Fighters can fight two handed, sweep, cleave, trip, blind
fight, kick, roll with blows, break weapons, dodge, parry, disarm, kick
dirt, whomp, and more!
- Thieves steal, pilfer, detect, disarm traps, bribe,
backstab, poison, sneak, observe, bind, sap, shadow, lay new traps,
listen, and much more...
- Clerics can turn undead, command, heal, protect, animate,
lay hands, cast over 200 different prayers, and suffer the wrath of
their god when they fail
- Bards have lots of unique skills, plus 150+ songs and
dances with group wide, or all-enemy effects for all who hear!
- Druids control and use weather, polymorph themselves and
others, and have access to over 200 unique chants
- All bard songs, mage spells, cleric prayers, thief and
fighter skills are all extendable by players who learn expertises.
- Player killing is optional for the two fighting players, or
other PK systems are settable via the INI file
- Saves against poison, undead, fire, cold, gas, and much
- Item/Armor/Weapon material types and weights
- Armor condition/damage, sizing, and repair
- Multi-spell scrolls, and wands with secret invoke words
- Weapon sharpness and condition
- Wands, Staffs, Traps, wearable pouches, boats, horses, and
- Beds you can lie in, chairs you can sit in, etc..
- Weapon specializations based on class
- Skills and trades for players to make their own mundane
is written in 100% Java, listening as a server on any specified
port(s). Built-in web servers can be activated to listen on specified ports.
CoffeeMud supports any JDBC/ODBC database and has been successfully
tested using MySQL, HSQLDB, and Derby over JDBC, and Access/SQL Server
over ODBC. The package also includes a flat-file JDBC system for
system includes an API that allows standard MOBs, Items, Weapons,
Armor, Room types, Exit types, and Magic Items to be coded in less than
a hundred lines using a template. Generic MOBS, Items, Weapons, Armor,
and Exit types can be be molded to fit any design and spec. And all of
it can be implemented online at run-time.
advanced message passing system lies at the systems core. Messages are
customized for the message source, message target, and how that message
appears to everyone else in the room. Each message is coded with basic
sensory information so that only the blind miss visual messages, while
they don't miss the auditory ones. Messages can also be previewed and
modified by every object involved, lending even more environmental
realism to coding!